It might be necessary to create a new source, either to process a type of content that has no default source, or to separate content into n sources that are easier to manage.
To create a source
- In the Knowledge Hub section of the Administration menu, select the Manage sources tab.
- Select Create.
- Fill in the following fields:
- ID: the identifier of the source. This information is used to specifically identify a source, regardless of its name or category. This field is mandatory. Once set, it cannot be modified.
- Name: the name of the source. This field is optional.
- Type: open the menu to select a source type. This field is mandatory. Once set, it cannot be modified.
- Category ID: the identifier of the source's category. This field is optional. Adding a category ID will create the following metadata: ft:sourceCategorie
- Description: the description of the source. This field is optional.
- Select Save.