To clean the values of the animal_name metadata key, the first step is to create synonyms in the Back Office.
To access the Back Office, go to
View/edit taxonomies in the Back Office.
The Vocabularies interface of the Back Office is displayed for the tenant corresponding to the portal as follows:
Once in the Vocabularies interface, the rest of the process is as follows:
Open the Setup dropdown menu, select Vocabularies, and select the New Vocabulary button.
Tip: If the vocabulary exists in CSV or RDF/XML format, upload it directly by selecting the Import button.
The New Vocabulary pop-up appears.
Define a new vocabulary as follows:
- In the Type drop-down menu, select Synonyms.
- In the Use menu, make sure that Indexing use and Semantic Enrichment are selected.
- Name the vocabulary animal_name_clean.
Tip: To differentiate synonyms from taxonomies, name each vocabulary according to the metadata key it enriches and its type, e.g., $metadata_element_to_enrich_clean vs $metadata_element_to_enrich_hierarchy.
- In the Lang field, define English / U.S., as the content is in American English.
Note: Fluid Topics supports regional languages, e.g., Metropolitan or Canadian French.
- Add a short description and tags if desired.
- Select Save to create the vocabulary.
The vocabulary is displayed, but it does not yet contain any terms: