DITAVAL-references allow to assign a suffix to topic variant filenames to differentiate them.
If you want to create an xref cross reference to a topic variant generated with DITAVAL-references, you need to know exactly where to point to. In other words, you must tell Fluid Topics that you want to create a link to a specific topic, in a specific version.
To address this need, elements such as dvrResourceSuffix can be added to the DITAVAL-references. dvrResourceSuffix allows to define a suffix to add to the filename of each newly generated topics.
If no suffix is defined through the dvrResourceSuffix parameter, the 1st variant of the topic has the original filename, e.g., c_time_capacitor.dita, the 2nd variant has the original filename to which -1 is added, e.g., c_time_capacitor-1.dita, and so on.
- For the topic in version OD1000, dvrResourceSuffix is set to _od1000.
- For the topic in version OD2000, dvrResourceSuffix is set to _od2000.
<topicref href="c_time_capacitor.dita"> <ditavalref href="OD1000.ditaval"> <ditavalmeta> <dvrResourceSuffix>_od1000</dvrResourceSuffix> </ditavalmeta> </ditavalref> <ditavalref href="OD2000.ditaval"> <ditavalmeta> <dvrResourceSuffix>_od2000</dvrResourceSuffix> </ditavalmeta> </ditavalref> </topicref>Two topics are generated by the DITAVAL-references with the following filenames:
- prefixes for your variant filenames using dvrResourceSuffix
- prefixes for the key scope names of the map branch using dvrKeyscopePrefix
- suffixes for the key scope names of the map branch using dvrKeyscopeSuffix