In Fluid Topics, one or more blocks of promotional content can be displayed under the search bar of the homepage.
A home carousel is a series of promotional content blocks, which are automatically displayed one after the other. To switch between such blocks manually, arrows are available on each side of the carousel.
A block of promotional content can consist of:
- Text containing a title (required), a description (optional) and a link (optional)
- Text with a background
- Only a background
The background can be associated with a link and may be in the form of:
- A color
- A single picture filling the whole promotional space (optimal size is 1024 pixels wide by 256 pixels high)
- A picture repeated several times in a row over the entire surface of the promotional space
The height of the carousel is set by the height of the tallest slide.
The height of a slide is set by:
- The banner dimensions (the picture is scaled at 1024 pixels wide)
- The amount of text in a textual slide
- The textualMinHeight key-value attribute
- The bannerMaxHeight key-value attribute
Example of a Fluid Topics home carousel with a picture as background behind textual information:
To use promotes, export your tile configuration to save it for further use, and delete your tile configuration from the Tiles screen .