A common challenge that arises when customizing a Fluid Topics portal is making sure that a preset action occurs at the right time. Triggering the right action at the right time usually depends on waiting until another event is completed.
The following events are available:
- ft:pageopening, sent when the user navigates to a new page of the web application.
- ft:reader:topicsloaded, sent when new topics are loaded on the Reader page.
- ft:search:resultsloaded, sent when new results are loaded on the Search page.
- ft:search:noresultsloaded, sent when no results match the user's search criteria.
- ft:auth:usersignedin, sent when a user logs in.
- ft:auth:usersignedout, sent when a user logs out.
The following line shows how to integrate event listening into the custom.js file: