If notifications are enabled, Fluid Topics informs the user when one of the following events occurs:
- A document is removed from a Collection.
- A document is added to a Collection.
- One or more of the documents in a Collection have been modified.
- Fluid Topics is syncing a document for offline reading.
- The synchronization process is complete.
- A document has been unsynced and is no longer available for offline reading.
Fluid Topics checks if one of the events listed above has occurred at the following times:
- Once every hour.
- Whenever the user accesses the application.
- Whenever the user access the Collections tab of the My Library interface.
Types of notifications
Users who have enabled notifications see the following types of notifications:
- Web push notifications that the user's browser displays whether or not they are viewing the Fluid Topics application.
- Notifications that appear within the Fluid Topics application.
The following image shows an example of a web push notification:
The following image shows the notification that the Fluid Topics application displays after a user deletes a document from a Collection:
Fluid Topics also displays badges to notify the user that a Collection has changed and should be synced as follows: