Detailed product mapping - AFS@Store - Technical Notes
AFS@Store - Tips
- AFS@Store Version
- Technical Notes
- Do not use a property node if a known node exists for this data
, e.g., using property for describing a brand might not be a good idea, directly use the brand node which
gives you a native facet, better relevance, native autocomplete, etc.
- Put IDs wherever you can: category, brand, size, model, etc.
- In fields with HTML content, do not encode entities or HTML tags, just put CDATA section. It would be better to send text
only (processing time optimization).
- When using a field like stock or
is_available, set it for all products, even if its value is 0 or false.
- Use identifiers for product references, e.g., GTIN, supplier code, etc.
- Use properties to create custom facets on product technical features,
custom sort orders.
- Set @url and @img attributes on
category and brand to get them on autocomplete.
- Use marketing node to sort criteria (one per flag),
boost products with special offers, create a marketing facet with special offers.
- Use is_featured marketing node for products having a banner on website or
- Use misc node for data to use for display only. It will not be indexed
nor create facets.