Starting from AFS v7.8.5, the following improvements have been made in the Pipes and Filters:
It is now possible for users to:
- Auto register a PaF with another start mode than "autostart".
- Start a batch of PaFs. A batch is a list of PaFs to be executed sequentially.
A new filter has been implemented: afs_dates_normalize. This filter allows users to:
- Specify several parsing formats.
- Select an output format.
The afs_date_normalize is deprecated, but is still packaged for compatibility purposes. New setup should use afs_dates_normalize.
A new ways to define facets has been implemented: protofacets. This feature:
- Replaces and improves legacy internal Protocat feature.
- Adds the ability to create facets from a document using either a:
- high-level Python API, or a
- dedicated layer holding a dedicated Protobuf object.