Permissions are the right for a member to perform actions on specific CKS data. They are defined with three components:
- A member: Who can perform the action?
- A secured entity: What is protected?
- A security profile: What are the authorizations?
For example, permissions can consist in:
- authorizing the "Albert" user to modify the "Relativity" folder,
- authorizing the "Physicists" group to read the "Relativity" folder,
- authorizing the "Max" user to modify the "Physicists" group,
- authorizing all authenticated users to see the "Physicists" group.
Permissions may be implicit. For example, a folder owner has all the rights on that folder, or the users on the "Administrators" group have all the rights on everything.