A map attachment is a resource (file or URL) attached to a map. "Map" is a way to refer to a structured document without its topics.
It is possible to attach any type of file to a map. The following non-exhaustive list includes some examples:
As for URLs, it is necessary to use one of the following upload methods to attach one to a map:
- When managing map attachments in the UI, it is not possible to attach a URL to a map.
- To view an example of a map attachment, select the Attachments tab in the Reader page sidebar with this document open.
- Files added as map attachments are not part of the indexed content.
- As their name implies, map attachments are positioned at the map level. It is not possible to add an attachment at the topic level.
- It is not currently possible to define a Pretty URL for a map attachment.