The purpose of this Technical Note is to describe how to set up and configure displayed promotional content in Fluid Topics.
In Fluid Topics, promotional content is managed using the Back Office Promote Application.
Promotional content can be displayed in the following ways:
- Home Carousel
- Promotional messages appear under the search bar, according to the user language.
- Targeted messages
- Targeted messages appear only for specific user queries according to the user language.
Promotional messages appear either:
- As a textual reply (with a title, a description and a link), or
- As a banner (only a picture containing all promotional information and a link in order to redirect towards another page).
When several promotional messages are set:
- On the homepage: In the form of a slide deck, called a home carousel. Arrows on each side of the pictures are used to display one specific slide.
- On the search page: They appear in search results in the order they are set in the Back Office.
Promotional messages are configured the same way for both locations, and the same options are supported. The following can be configured:
There are two main steps in the creation of promotional content:
- Campaign creation
- It is used to regroup replies with commonalities in order to make easier the management of the promotional content.
- Reply creation
- It is used to create the promotional content itself.