The Context widget displays the currently active:
- filters (selected facet values)
- sort criterion (afs:sort)
- feed (afs:feed)
- virtual fields
- search keywords (configurable)
In order to work, this widget requires the Facets widget to be present.
Use the pinsMode configuration parameter to configure what happens when a search form is submitted? Are the previously visible/selected facets removed or kept?
- makes all the facets persistent (default). That is they are said to be persistent because they persist across searches. They still apply from one search to another as long as you do not remove them. Considering the above snapshot, when submitting the search form all previously selected facets are kept and still filter the new search results.
- Makes no facet persistent. When you search all previously selected facets are un-selected and do not apply to the new search results. Considering the above snapshot, all the facets except the feed are removed when submitting the search form.
- Makes only the pinned facets persistent. When in this mode a pushpin button is displayed, next to the facet label in order to for you to choose the facet(s) you want to make persistent:
- pin a facet to make a visible facet (aka. active filter) persistent across searches.
- unpin a previously pinned facet, making it no longer persistent.
Considering the above snapshot, the only facet removed when submitting the search form is the "Categorie: Soldes" because it is not thumb tacked. The feed facet is a special case and the pushpin does not apply to it.
The above values are case-sensitive.
Context - Displays the currently active filters (selected facet item(s)), sort criterion, feed
If specified, it adds an header to the Context widget containing the desired text.
Indicates if item names have to be inserted, or if only item values are wanted.
By default, the Context widget does not display the search keywords (showKeywords is false).
You can activate this feature by setting its showKeywords configuration parameter to true.
Indicates if the sort parameter value has to be displayed.
Indicates if the feed information has to be displayed.