In AFS-BO, a global administrator can access all the administration functions:
- Creating an organization, a project, a service, and an instance, as documented in Managing Search Service Entities.
- Creating users and setting the user/organization associations, as documented in Managing Users.
- Creating groups for an organization and managing users in the groups, as documented in Managing User Groups.
- Managing rights of users and groups, as documented in Managing Rights.
- Managing organization administrators, as documented in Organization Administrators.
A global administrator is a user in the organization with the Admin right on All the organizations. The parameter is set by the root global administrator in the MODIFY USER box, as described in Modifying a User.