In the Administration screen, selecting a user or a group updates the table beneath with the associated rights.
The table is made of two main areas:
- The search services table makes it possible to unfold the organization tree and browse through the projects, services, and service instances.
- The Summary and the rows below list the associated rights:
- None means that the BO information is unavailable to the user or group.
- Read means that the user or group can view the Dashboard, Analytics, and Vocabularies screens.
- Write means that the user or group can also perform a number of additional BO actions on AFS regular use, like uploading or modifying a vocabulary as described in Managing Vocabularies.
- Manage means that the user or group can also initiate BO actions which require an AFS expertise, like managing service views as described in Views Editor Tool.
At every level in the organization tree, a specific right can be applicable to a user or a group. A user may be also a member of a group with specific rights on an organization, project, service, or service instance.
When rights conflicts arise between user rights, group rights, and search service rights hierarchy, the Back Office automatically consolidates the privileges in the Summary row. AFS-BO always considers the highest level. The message Inherited from... specifies where the considered privilege comes from — an empty line means that the right is the users'.
To display the AFS-BO rights for a user or a group
- In AFS-BO, click Admin in the left upper side.
- When available, in the left-hand selection box, select an organization which you are entitled to administer.
- In the top selection box, select Users or Groups and choose a user or a group.
- In the updated table beneath, browse in the projects, services, and instances to display the associated rights:
- None to prevent the user or group from viewing the AFS-BO screens.
- Read to view the Dashboard, Analytics, and Vocabularies screens.
- Write to perform actions in AFS-BO for an AFS regular use.
- Manage to performs actions in AFS-BO required some AFS expertise.
- For the selected user or group, check the rights:
- In the Summary row, check the consolidated rights. Check where the consolidated rights come from with the Inherited from... messages.
- In the row of the selected user or group, check the specific rights for that user or group.
- In every next row displayed when a user is a member of a group, check the rights for that group.