In the Charts display of a selected service, the second chart available in the graphic area of the screen shows AFS-QE speed diagram. The Charts speed graph matches the selected time range and it is refreshed automatically as described in Time Range Filter.
The line in the Reply time graph shows the Query Engine speed performance records over the selected time range. Every dot represents an average of the execution time spent between the queries and the computed replies (either full or empty).
The time range (in milliseconds) for the vertical axis is automatically updated for the chart to fill in the available graphic space.
The gray and white areas represent full time units, for example one hour when the time range is one hour.
The chart line is made of dots representing recorded averages. The dots frequency is contingent to the selected time range:
- In the one-hour range display, dots are displayed every minute on a 15-minute scale.
- In the one-day range display, dots are displayed every 20 minutes on a 6-hour scale.
- In the one-week range display, dots are displayed every 3 hours on a one-day scale.
- In the one-month range display, dots are displayed every 8 hours on a one-week scale.
- In the one-quarter range display, dots are displayed every day on a one-month scale.
- In the one-year range display, dots are displayed every week on a four-month scale.
When null dots are displayed in the chart, it means that either no query is made on AFS-QE, or that AFS-QE is down. For more information, see Troubleshooting From Service Operating Analytics.
For more information about an average and dot in the chart, a mouse rollover displays a summary pop-up with information about:
- the time span used to compute the average value and dot,
- the average amount of time in milliseconds used by the Query Engine to deliver replies.
By default, front-end services reject queries which require more than 30 seconds. When the server fails to deliver replies in due time, no reply is generated and shown in AFS-BO.
To display a reply service speed performance chart
- Connect AFS-BO and click:
- Analytics from a service quick view in the Dashboard,
- in the charts preview in a service quick view in the Dashboard, or
- Analytics in the Open Module menu.
- Leave the Charts tab selected.
- Select or change the statistics time range option.
- For the selected time range, on the Charts screen, check the Query Engine speed performance chart. Check the line and dots representing the average time in milliseconds used by the selected front service to generate a reply.
- Roll your mouse over a dot in the chart to display more information:
- Time span for the average value and dot
- Average speed in milliseconds to return replies