Services in AFS-BO help connect actual AFS services. A detection mechanism is available in AFS-BO to retrieve the status of a service.
In the Administration screen, for a selected organization and a selected project, a click on the plus icon in the SERVICES table column displays the ADD SERVICE dialog box.
In Id, the identifying number of the AFS service must be either entered or selected with the selection arrows. The service number selection is definite. That is why the round icon beside must show green, meaning that the service is actually available in AFS. Otherwise, the icon is red to indicate that the service is unknown in AFS.
The Url field must be defined with the process URL of the AFS service. This helps the BO Hit-Parade application replay a query.
In Description, a custom summary of the service may be entered to help make out the selected service. The description is displayed later on for information, as documented in Modifying a Service.
In Instance, the status of the service must be selected.
AFS v7 manages the lifecycle of a search service out of the box. A search service can operate in the following states:
Production status: rock solid, validated
Release candidate: last milestone before production. Open to a limited amount of testers
Beta version: ready for review and approval by functional staff
Alpha version: ready for integration with technical partners
Sandbox: used by developers to setup and check the search engine
Archive: used to store a previous revision of the index (for instance the previous stable database)
A click on Create validates the service selection. The service is listed in the SERVICES table column.
To create a service
- In AFS-BO, click Administration in the Open Module menu.
- In the left-hand selection box, select the organization for which you want to create a project.
- In the PROJECTS table column header, select a project.
- In the SERVICES table column header, click the plus icon to display the ADD SERVICE dialog box.
- In Id, specify the actual AFS service id number you want the project to be linked with. Enter the ID number or use the selection arrows. Check that the icon is green for an active AFS service.
- In Url, enter the process URL of the AFS service.
- In Description, you can type in a quick summary about the service.
- In Instance, select the instance of the associated service.
- Click Create to validate the new service.
- Back in the Administration screen, check the new service information.