In AFS-BO, rights are managed on three levels:
- Users rights
- Groups rights
- Search entity hierarchy
The Back Office automatically consolidates the privileges in the Summary row:
- On the users profiles level:
- When a user belongs to a group with privileges higher than the user's individual rights, the Summary row shows the actual highest rights, i.e. the rights of the group. The Inherited from a group status is displayed for the whole related services level.
- Similarly, when a user belongs to two groups with different privileges on the same service level, the Summary row shows the actual highest rights. The Inherited from a group status is displayed.
- On the solution hierarchical level:
- When a user has a right on a search service entity, the very same right is explicitly applicable on the closest sub-entity and implicitly on the next sub-entities. Any other lower right is ignored. When the rights is the users', the Inherited from... line is empty.
- When there is a right set on a search service entity, the sub-entities, but the closest one, carry the same right. The Inherited from organization / project / service status is displayed.
In the Administration screen, for a selected organization and a selected user or group, the Summary row in the table shows the consolidated rights on the organization, projects, services, and instances. The rows below shows the specific rights of a selected user and the subscribed groups.
At each level of the search entities, a click on the up or down arrows makes it possible to choose a privilege level:
- None means that the BO information is unavailable to the user or group.
- Read means that the user or group can view the Dashboard, Analytics, and Vocabularies screens.
- Write means that the user or group can also perform a number of additional BO actions on AFS regular use, like uploading or modifying a vocabulary as described in Managing Vocabularies.
- Manage means that the user or group can also initiate BO actions which require an AFS expertise, like managing service views as described in Views Editor Tool.
All changes in the rights are immediately taken into account in the Back Office.
To set rights of users and groups on search entities
- In AFS-BO, click Admin in the left upper side.
- In the Administration screen, select an organization.
- Click Users of Groups in the list box aside. Select a user or a group.
- Below the table Summary row(s), for every organization, project, service, and instance, user the up and down arrows to select:
- None to prevent the user or group from viewing the AFS-BO screens.
- Read to view the Dashboard, Analytics, and Vocabularies screens.
- Write to perform actions in AFS-BO for an AFS regular use.
- Manage to performs actions in AFS-BO required some AFS expertise.
- Check the rights consolidation mechanism in the Summary row with the Inherited from... statuses.