Projects help classify actual AFS services. Creating a project makes is possible to set links between services, organizations, and users. That is why a new project requires an AFS service and an organization.
In the Administration screen, for a selected organization, a click on the plus icon in the PROJECTS table column displays the ADD A NEW PROJECT dialog box.
In the Project field, the name of the new project must be specified.
- The hosting organization is associated by default. For more information, see Creating an Organization.
- A click on Add displays the ADD A NEW PROJECT / ATTACH ORGANIZATION(S) dialog box.
The organizations available are listed. Checking an organization box associates it with the project.
When the project must be associated with an organization other that the ones listed, a new organization can be created. In Organization name, the name of the new organization must be specified. A click on Create displays the new organization in the list above, making it available for a selection. Further configuration of the new organization is probably necessary as described in Managing Organizations.
Clicking Attach validates the organization(s) selection.
Back in the ADD A NEW PROJECT dialog box, it is necessary to select a service.
In Service, a click on Add displays the ADD A NEW PROJECT / ADD SERVICE dialog box.
In Id, the identifying number of the AFS service must be either entered or selected with the selection arrows. The service number selection is definite. That is why the round icon beside must show green, meaning that the service is actually available in AFS. Otherwise, the icon is red to indicate that the service is unknown in AFS.
The Url field must be defined with the process URL of the AFS service. This helps the BO Hit-Parade application replay a query.
In Description, a custom summary of the service may be entered to help make out the selected service. The description is displayed later on for information, as documented in Modifying a Service.
A click on Create validates the service selection.
Back in the ADD A NEW PROJECT dialog box, it is necessary to select the instance of the associated service.
In Instance, the status of the service must be selected.
AFS v7 manages the lifecycle of a search service out of the box. A search service can operate in the following states:
Production status: rock solid, validated
Release candidate: last milestone before production. Open to a limited amount of testers
Beta version: ready for review and approval by functional staff
Alpha version: ready for integration with technical partners
Sandbox: used by developers to setup and check the search engine
Archive: used to store a previous revision of the index (for instance the previous stable database)
A click on Create validates the new project. The Administration screen is updated with the new project information.
The project can be modified: it can be linked to other organizations, as described in Modifying a Project.
To create a project
- In AFS-BO, click Admin in the left upper side.
- In the left-hand selection box, select the organization for which you want to create a project.
- In the PROJECTS table column header, click the plus icon to display the ADD A NEW PROJECT dialog box.
- In Project, type in the name of the new project.
- In Organizations, click Add to display the ADD A NEW PROJECT / ATTACH ORGANIZATION(S) dialog box.
- Check the boxes of the organizations to want the new project to be applicable. When necessary, create a new organization. Click Attach.
- Back in the ADD A NEW PROJECT dialog box, in Service, click Add to display the ADD A NEW PROJECT / ADD SERVICE dialog box.
- In Id, specify the actual AFS service id number you want the project to be linked with. Enter the ID number or use the selection arrows. Check that the icon is green for an active AFS service.
- In Url, enter the process URL of the AFS service.
- In Description, you can type in a quick summary about the service.
- Click Create to add the selected service.
- Back in the ADD A NEW PROJECT dialog box, in Instance, select the instance of the associated service you want the project to be linked with.
- Click Create to validate the new project.
- Back in the Administration screen, check the new project information.