In AFS-BO, search service entities are necessary to classify every level of an AFS solution:
- An organization is an AFS-BO unit to define the authority entity of one or more projects.
- A project is an AFS-BO unit to assemble a number of services.
- A service is the representation of an actual AFS service specified with its ID.
- An instance is the representation of an actual AFS service instance specified with its status.
The AFS-BO entities compose the hierarchical tree item for which users and groups can be assigned rights.
In the Administration screen of AFS-BO, for a selected organization, the table lists the projects, services, and instances available for that organization:
- A click on a project unfolds the associated services. For more information about a project, click Modify the project...
- A click on a service unfolds the associated instances. For more information about a service, click Modify the service...
- A click on a service instance gives access to the Modify the instance... command to display more information about the instance.
To display the AFS-BO search entities
- In AFS-BO, click Admin in the left upper side.
- When available, in the left-hand selection box, click the organization related to the search service entities you want to view.
- In the table below, browse in the projects, services, and instances.
- When necessary, click Modify the project..., Modify the service..., or Modify the instance... to display more information about a search service entity.