Service instances in AFS-BO help connect actual AFS services under their operating status. A detection mechanism is available in AFS-BO to retrieve the status of a service.
In the Administration screen, for a selected organization, a selected project, and a selected service, a click on the plus icon in the INSTANCES table column displays the ADD INSTANCE(S) dialog box.
One or more instances can be selected.
AFS v7 manages the lifecycle of a search service out of the box. A search service can operate in the following states:
Production status: rock solid, validated
Release candidate: last milestone before production. Open to a limited amount of testers
Beta version: ready for review and approval by functional staff
Alpha version: ready for integration with technical partners
Sandbox: used by developers to setup and check the search engine
Archive: used to store a previous revision of the index (for instance the previous stable database)
The icons beside the status labels show the service instances availability in AFS. A green icon means that the service instances are actually available in AFS. Otherwise, the icon is red to indicate that the service instances are unknown in AFS.
A click on Create validates the service instance(s) selection. The service instance(s) is listed in the INSTANCES table column.
To create a service instance
- In AFS-BO, click Admin in the left upper side.
- In the left-had selection box, select the organization for which you want to create a project.
- In the PROJECTS table column header, select a project.
- In the SERVICES table column header, select a service.
- In the INSTANCES table column, click the plus icon to display the ADD SERVICE INSTANCE(S) dialog box.
- Click in the instances selection boxes. Check that the icon are green for active AFS service instances.
- Click Create to validate the new service instance.
- Back in the Administration screen, check the new service instance information.