The ft_hash_static_realm_password script is used to hash a given password to be used during the static realm configuration.
ft_hash_static_realm_password -p $PASSWORD [-v] [-h]
- ft_hash_static_realm_password -p my_crazy_password
- ft_hash_static_realm_password -p
The example 2 shows an example where the user is prompted to enter the password to be hashed. Such an example should be preferably used to avoid making the password visible, for instance when listing the command history.
- -p: Expects the password of the user. Can also be written --password.
- -h: Displays the help and lists all available optional arguments for the command. Can also be written --help.
- -v: Activates the verbose mode. Can also be written --verbose.